Friday 7 August 2015

August patterns

I bought four patterns for August. The wrap dress from Sew Over It, the Hollyburn skirt and Cordova jacket from Sewaholic, and the Holly jumpsuit from By Hand London (which I'm now not sure I'll actually make, but oh well). I ordered the last three from sewbox.co.uk, which I highly recommend - I ordered the patterns on Monday, and they turned up the next morning with a free packet of buttons and a hand-signed compliments slip. Awesome.

Ages ago I booked onto Sew Over It's kimono jacket-making class for this month as part of my continuing quest to replace my zombie hoodie, and a few days ago my rather fabulous mother offered to buy me their Ultimate Trousers class as well (I have trouser-fitting fear, and I'm hoping this will help), so I have both of those to make this month as well.

...aaaaand then I had a really bad day, which I won't go into, but I found myself in a Waterstones's and bought a copy of Gertie Sews Vintage Casual to cheer myself up. I had been looking at it online and considering buying it, so it wasn't entirely an impulse buy, but at the same time it is possible that I'm not going to need quite this many patterns in one month. Oops.

SENSIBLE JEN: It's fine, we just won't get any patterns next month.
REGULAR JEN: What? That's not fair! I want more patterns!

...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment